The Benefit of Short Form Video on Chinese High School Students

RG J – The influence of social media and video on youth

Author’s Thinking Rhetorically Note

As for audience, I think Chinese high school students and teacher could be my best choice. For Chinese high school students, they face some problems nowadays: their difficult course and frequent exam make them extremely need some efficient way to relax; full-of-study life makes them lack of attention to current events, which will do harm to their future survival in university even in society; the exam-oriented education almost consume all of their enthusiasm on science and nature. After the whole semester’s research, I found that short form video could meet these requirements, solve all of these problems, so my EADWW work could be regarded as a recommendation to Chinese high school students. For Chinese high school teachers, most of them think short form video will do harm to their students, but it actually is not! I think my EADWW project could be a proposal for them, and I hope after they read my EADWW project, they would be persuaded to some degree. And if they accept short form video as their teaching assistance as I had proposed, I will be moved to tears.

For multi-model type, I use a short ppt. It has several strengths: First, ppt could use words together with picture, which could get my message across more clearly. Second, ppt could be transform into pdf, and it can be easily spread by a lot of ways, such as through Wechat, facebook, even some educational website. And the nice and attractive picture on the ppt makes one of my intended audience (Chinese high school students) more likely to read. Third, the short length of my ppt and the condensed content make my EADWW project more suitable for Chinese high school students and their teacher, for they are all very busy, and do not have very much time to read a long article or watch a video.

But the shortage of the type of ppt is also very clear: I can’t choose to talk about all my content in my EADA project, which make my ppt less persuasive. Even worse, without the proof in detail, some strengths of short form video seem a little bit abrupt.

For the content of my EADWW project, I firstly talk about the situation of Chinese high school students to lay the groundwork for the rest. And then I choose to talk about exactly the four strengths of short form video for high school students (due to the limitation of the length, I delete all the counterargument and the detail proof).

4 thoughts on “The Benefit of Short Form Video on Chinese High School Students