Is Video Game Addiction a mental health disorder?

RG J – The influence of social media and video on youth

Author’s. Thinking Rhetorically Note

The form of this multi-model text is a WeChat Official Account article(A kind of HTML5 website in the smart phone). My text combine words, pictures and small posters. This is a very popular way to convey information and different views in Chinese Internet. With graphs, pictures and simple words, it is very easy for the public to understand. (I don’t have a WeChat Official Account, so I will show my text by the preview picture from a H5 website designer).

I want to engage the people who hold the prejudices and misunderstanding to video game addiction into my topic .The topic I choose is the youth’s video game addiction, I think this topic is very close to the normal lives of the public, especially the young people and their parents. So, the target of this article is to engage the public into the conversation of the video game addiction topic. Since the public, in different age groups, will have different views to the video game addictions, so I don’t think I will persuade all the people to agree with my views in this text. But I want to let people think about this problem in a broad perspective and get rid of some misunderstandings.

For the language is the simple words to explain this topic. Besides, I think the topic related to video game addiction is quite easy for the public to understand. And at the beginning of this text, I use a special video game to get start and draw readers attention. I make this text into 3 parts. Each part has a title, actually a question to let the readers know what I am going to talk about in each part. And I combine both words and some pictures to better express some content of my EADA essay. In my text, I quote some views from other articles and multimodal texts. Both have some agreements and disagreements.

The affordance is that it is very easy for the public to understand. But the limitation is that, I cannot express this problem in a very detailed way and combine many different aspects. Moreover, I think this text is for the public, so there is no unintended audiences except the people who have no interested in video games or video game addiction.

11 thoughts on “Is Video Game Addiction a mental health disorder?

1. Why users still use to read news papers when in this technological world the whole thing is existing
    on web?

my blog post; Lara

2. It’s really very complex in this full of activity life to
    listen news on TV, thus I only use world wide web for that purpose, and get
    the latest information.

My website :: Tessa

3. This is really interesting, You are a very skilled blogger.
    I’ve joined your feed and look forward to seeking more of your
    great post. Also, I have shared your site in my social networks!

Feel free to visit my web blog … Kenny